Virtualization software creates an abstraction layer over computer hardware that allows the hardware elements of a single computer—processors, memory, storage and more—to be divided into multiple virtual computers, commonly called virtual machines. This process allows a server to be used for multiple groups, businesses, and/or applications.
- Benefits of Virtualization:
- Reduce your capital and operating expense.
- Minimize or eliminate downtime.
- Increased IT productivity
- Faster provisioning of applications and resources